Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I opened the box!

Well, here it is! I have to say I got up early for work and got to open my card and box. I was so excited about it's contents and couldn't wait to share with you how kind and thoughtful my secret pal is. I had a hard time taking the picture of my hand so excuse my bad picture taking skills. For those not familiar with the adoption world, this is a red thread braclet and I am suppose to wear it to be connected with Emma. Thank you so much secret pal, I love it and will treasure it. I can't believe how sweet you are. You have to love the card my pal sent. It is so darn cute. The inside says "They check your pulse instead". Since my pal was so generous I will let her know that today was my 33rd birthday. Man am I getting old! Emma better get her soon or I will start looking like the lady on the card! By the way, I know Melissa is trying to look in the background of the picture! Sorry it's a little dark but the picture is of Mike and I in Tampa at the Outback Bowl. It was the only year Kentucky was any good (Sorry Melissa, I'll try to get better pictures!)

I also wanted to thank everyone for all my birthday wishes. I sure got a bunch of them. I definately feel the love. I got some wonderful gifts. First off I get to go see Rascal Flatts this weekend (Thanks Mike)! We've got 4 tickets, humm, who should I take?!! Mom and Dad got me, okay, Emma a toy chest window seat. I love it and can't wait to share some pictures when I get the nursery in order. I also got a Target and a PBK gift card. Shopping is in the future! What I loved most of all were all the phone calls from my nieces and nephews! I saved the calls and wish you could hear their wonderful messages. I even got a special call from Corbyn which made me cry. We sure do miss him and hearing his voice made me emotional! Well, I just ate my ice cream cake so don't look for anything good in the morning on Weigh In Wednesday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I am so glad that you liked you "Red Thread Braclet" (handmade my me). I got the red crystals in Prague CZ when I traveled there a few years ago. I will say I have one to match. So now we are connected by the red thread Prague bracelet with Emma and You plus Me and ??????? (shhhhhhh, it is a secret you will have to wait to see who also you are connect to)!

Happy Birthday you old lady (33)

XOXoXOXOX
Your February Secret Pal

C's Mom said...

The bracelet is beautious.

What an awesome birthday...all the right 'ingredients'. I am so hoping your next birthday will also be shared with Emma!

33...I remember that ;)

Dee Anna said...

What a neat bracelet!!! I love how creative your buddies are!!! Doesnt it make the wait fun!!! I wish I had a secret pal!!Im glad you enjoyed the kids calls, you know they wouldnt have let the day go with calling to wish you a happy birthday!!! Courtney didnt get home until 11:00 last night she was wanting to call too but I told her to wait until today!!! Emma will be so lucky to have such a wonderful Mom!!!! I know you will feel fulfilled next year with her in your arms!!! No present could be better!!!! I love you and thank God for our August Baby!!! You have been a blessing in my life, I love ya little sis!!!

Ava's family said...

Happy Birthday (sorry 1 day late!)!! I love the bracelet! You sure have a sweet SP! Oh, you turned 33, eh? Boo Hoo!
Lisa
(who will be 41 on her next b-day)

Pug Mama said...

Guilty. Checked out, as best I could, the background. did notice the picture frame. Hey, what can I say, I'm the person who is looking in lite windows while driving by at night.
Pretty bracelet.
I'm older than you ;0(

Pug Mama said...

I forgot to add -
I am soooooo jealous of you going to see Rascal Flatts!!!!!
My son and I are waiting for them to come to Atlanta so we can go together