Monday, November 06, 2006

What a weekend!

It sure seems like the weekend went by so quickly. It all started Friday night with a trip to Bardstown to watch Holy Cross take on Bethlehem. It was so cold at the game that you couldn't feel your feet. The boys played hard but lost their game. I just wanted to let Chase know how proud I am of him and I'm already looking forward to bringing Emma to watch him next year! It was a short night sleep as we got up at 4am to catch our 6am flight to Chicago. We got into Chicago at 6am their time and took the train into downtown. We got to the hotel, dropped our luggage and headed to meet Lisa and Jeff and Melissa and Darren. Of course we were able to pick Darren our right away. We got introduced and then Lisa and Jeff showed up. Now I guess I should back track. After we dropped the luggage we stopped at Starbucks (we're addicted) and I got a call from Lisa saying she was close and she was a little late. What Lisa didn't realize was that she was on the wrong time, it was only 8:30 in Chicago. Fast forward! We decided to eat breakfast at the hotel and get to know one another. We then headed over to Chinatown, where else! It's the first place us girls thought about going. We enjoyed checking out the stores and decided what not to eat in China. Jeff and Darren did a little shopping. It was then back across town so I could introduce the gang to Garretts Popcorn, (if you haven't tried it you are missing out) and then back to the hotel to clean up. We then headed for a stroll down Michigan Ave and to eat Giodornios Pizza. After dinner I needed to make a stop at the Apple store and guess what?! They had internet access! We had to check out our favorite blogs and the new referrals. I know, I can't go a day without it. I do want everyone to know that Melissa did take a sneak peak at Rumor Queen (we made her!) We spent the rest of the night hanging out talking and sharing gifts for our girls. Lisa got us the cutest matching outfits from Gap and the sweetest ladybug card. Melissa also got us a cute outfit along the cutest dolls. I promise I will take some pictures to show you. We met again in the morning for breakfast. At the next table sat the cutest little China doll. Melissa got the scoop and she had been adopted in January. How funny it was to see all six of us staring at this precious little girl. It was time to get ready to head back home so we said our farewells. I just wanted to let Lisa and Melissa know how much I enjoyed getting to spend time with them and know them better. Oh, BTW Melissa, Lisa's not the only one who figured out the slide show! More later, gotta get to bed.

3 comments:

4D said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit!

Great photos.

Keep smilin!

Ava's family said...

Great slide show!! The next thing for us is to learn to post video! We had such a great time meeting you guys. Jeff and I headed back to get more popcorn on Sunday to bring back for our family. Now, I'm wishing we had gotten MORE! Jeff is already talking about going back.

Pug Mama said...

I had such a great time meeting yo guys!!!!!