Friday, March 16, 2007

March Madness

Anyone who knows me knows that as far as sports goes this is my favorite time of the year! Of course I spent all day watching games. March Madness always brings such excitement to the air! So I guess you know what I'll be doing all weekend!
I'm not too sure that my team will be around for long! This year has been bittersweet. Ever since I was little I have loved UK basketball. I remember sitting in the living room with my Mom and Dad rooting them on. As I got a little older I was one of those fans you didn't like (not a good loser). Lucky for me we usually have some incredible teams. I have been to see them in the tournament several time. Which brings me to the present. When UK won the tournament in 1996 and Rick Pitino announced he was leaving I hoped that they would bring in the young Billy Donavan. All I kept hearing was, he is too young and will never be strong enough to coach at UK. Now look at what he has built at Florida over the past 11 years (told ya so!). Instead we got TUBBY. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he is the worst coach. He did win a national championship (with Pitino's team) his first year but what has he done since? This year I decided that if it took losing every game this year to get rid of Tubby that I would wish for that. Well, it has definately been a very disappointing year. So tonight I will sit in front of the TV and root on my team (since I can't force myself to spend the money to go watch this team in Chicago, my fav city). Sorry Tubby we just need some new blood!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

We're totally into March Madness as well! My husband shot the game at Arco Arena last night between IU & Gonzaga. He's a Hoosier, so he was totally excited to see them win!!! So was I!!

Anonymous said...

Its sad to say Kimmie, but I dont think they are still gonna get rid of TUBBY!!!! THOSE EYES kill me, we need something good to look at for a change!!! Love Ya
Dee Anna

Anonymous said...

OH BY the WAY!!! GO CARDS
C-A-R-D-S Cards!!!!
Cant help it, I still love RICK!!!
Dee Anna

Polar Bear said...

Your post sounds a lot like the conversations I hear around my house. My father-in-law would like nothing better than to have a new coach, me too only so he will quit griping about how bad Tubby is ALL of the time. :)

We are going over to some friends tonight to watch the game. Too bad you couldn't come join us. (I don't know how far you are from us.) We could talk about Chicago during commercials. I miss Chicago.

Valeri said...

We're rooting for our hometown team Pitt.