Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A day off!


And these are the Days of our Lives... At work we have to turn in our vacation requests at the beginning of the year for the entire year. Who knows what they want to do for the entire year? I haven't got a clue what the year holds for us. In 2006 I thought that we may get a referral toward the end of the year so I planned accordingly. In 2007 I thought maybe we will travel in the summer or fall so I choose my days around our adoption. I took Halloween off because how could I miss Emma's first Halloween and I took Christmas week off so I could enjoy the holidays with her. What was I thinking? Now here it is 2008! In January I sat down to fill out the vacation paper but this year I decided not to plan around Emma. We were heartbroken for 2 years to see all of these days slip by and nothing. So this year I took a variety of day with nothing special planned. Today is one of those days. Now I have nothing planned (since there is a 100% chance of rain and flooding) so this morning I am curled up on the couch catching up on my Tivo'd episodes of Days of our Lives. Sometimes it is nice to climb into their world for awhile and forget about all of the stress going on in my own life. Hope everyone else is having a wonderful Wednesday.

3 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

It is soooooo hard to plan our lives right now. The unknown is what is causing so much stress in my life.... I need to find a job, but really do not know how long I work before I need to fly off to become a Mommy..... Glad you are having a day off all curled up...

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I know how hard the holidays hurt without Emma! I couldn't imagine! I know it's not the same being with us! We love you guys! We will keep praying things happen soon! Also, the Griffin clan wants to wish Uncle Mike a Happy
40th Birthday! Sorry we weren't home to celebrate! We will do it this weekend! Love and prayers to you both!

Sam said...

I just found your blog from another blog waiting for Emma as well. My name is Sherri and my DH and I are waiting for our Emma as well. We're 8-8-06 for our LID. We're approaching our 2nd year next week, and it's so hard for us as well. I keep saying to myself - we're 1/2 there I HOPE, I hope it's not too much longer. As long as we have our dear friends to help us get through this we should be just fine. I love the crib by the way with you doggie looking at the sign, how cute is that? I'm also a "Days" fan have been for over 35 years now. It's coming to and end, did you know that?
Anyway hang in there and I hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog.
Hugs in Florida
Sherri
p.s that sure is a lot of snow - I wish our son could see that beautiful white stuff.