Saturday, July 25, 2009

Still on Cloud Nine!

I can't believe it has been 4 days since we saw Emma's face for the first time. It all still seems like a dream. All the excitement of the week has taken a toll on me and I am in bed with strep throat. I guess I need to get all this out of my system before we bring Emma home. My sister took lots of photos of the day and I want to make a little video, hopefully soon.




This is a picture of Mike and I just after we pulled up at our house after driving to Lexington to get Emma's file. If you notice, the package is unopen! (Of course Mike looks good in his work clothes, hey, I did just get done operating!)


This picture is the first one taken after we saw Emma's face for the first time (love at first sight!)

This is our very first family photo! Now we just can't wait to have Emma in our arms for a real family photo. I'm sure you can tell we had both been crying in this photo.


A little about our girl:
Yu Xiang
Born: January 2, 2008 (My Mom's Birthday!)
YuDu SWI, Jiangxi
As of April 30, 2009
Weight: 19.8 lbs
Height: 29 in tall
She is walking (so sad we have missed this)
She loves the TV and Music
Her favorite toy is a ball
She is saying a few words like Baba and Mama
She is a moderate sleeper
Not afraid of strangers
Loves her caregivers to kiss on her (I can't wait to do that!)
We are so sad that we have missed so much of her life already but feel that Emma was definately meant to be part of our family and we can't travel soon enough to get her. This week is going to be very busy getting paperwork done and we have a travel meeting on Thursday. Right now we are hearing that we won't travel until November due to the Trade Fair in October. We are just going to do a lot of praying that our TA will not take long and maybe just maybe we will be able to travel before that.
We want to thank all of our family for being with us during this special time and for all the love and support from our family, friends, and our bloggy friends. All of your calls, visits, and comments on our site have meant so much!
Most of all we want to thank The Peoples Republic of China for sharing one of their daughters with us!

10 comments:

The Tracy's said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm just so happy for you! Your daughter is beautiful!

The Jernigans said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Julianna is from Jiangxi too! Can't wait until Emma and Julianna get to have a play date!

Pug Mama said...

I have told so many people your story - just beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Come on TAs we cant stand the wait, and I know one momma and daddy that are tired of being patient!!! FINGERS AND TOES ARE CROSSED PRAYERS ARE SAID!!! Love you guys!
Aunt Dee Dee

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

A huge congrats... I can't wait to feel the same excitement... so cute...

Meagan Ochsner said...

I will be praying non-stop that you don't have to wait that long to go get Emma. I know that will be agonizing for you guys. I loved reading that she likes kisses! Something tells me there will be no shortage of those for her once she is in your arms! We love you guys!

Lisa and Tate said...

Lovin' the first family picture! Hey, Tate is from Jiangxi too!!! A real spicey girl! Still so over the moon for you guys!

Kim... hope you get better soon!

Tommi said...

Saying prayers everynight for an early travel date! Love you!

Jodi said...

Congratulations! Loved reading your posts...especially the long one about the day you got your call. What a surprise! Emma Lu is beautiful and we are praying that you travel soon to get her.

fivekidz said...

What a great surprise.Don't worry about the things you may have missed every day will be filled with so many firsts you will find it had to keep up. i did not "miss" any firsts with my 4 bio kids but all I can tell you is that at some point they all walked,talked and started school as to actual dates those are not remembered,their smiles and hugs are.
I adopted my 5 yo Zoe from China when she was 3 1/2 and I do not feel like I have missed anything.We have had so many first in our short time together. That is a great thing about being a parent there are always new firsts to come.One of the neatest has been watching my oldest become a mom and what a great job she does..
Good luck as you begin your new journey. Have a safe and jopyous trip.. Peace and happiness Bonnie