Friday, August 07, 2009

Lots to do!

Things have been really busy around here this week. We had a crazy week with the weather and had a lot of flooding in the area. My work just happened to get hit really hard and they had to close down the OR's from Tuesday afternoon until Saturday. I am sure with all the cancelled surgeries we will be overwhelmed next week.
I have spent yesterday and today getting paperwork in order. We are going later today to get our passport photos for our Visa's and get them in the mail today. There were a ton of other forms to print (I think I used a whole forest worth of trees). We also got our letter written to send to Emma's orphanage and the pictures we wanted to send. We are using Ann to send the carepackage. We had heard wonderful things about it was all so true, she is amazing!
I've gotten lots of emails about the delay in our travel. Nothing is set in stone yet but our agency seems pretty firm on our travel dates. I am still hoping that our TA's will come in very soon and they will go ahead and send us in September. Believe me, I am getting our stuff together just in case but if I have learned one thing from this whole process it is to not get my hopes up but to always expect the unexpected!
I hope to have some news soon and I still want to upload photos from referral day. I'll see what I can do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes CROSSED, and saying many prayers!!
Aunt Dee Dee

Shannon said...

Ugh, such a long wait. I am with you on hoping for a shorter time frame! As you found out, the unexpected is what it's all about on this journey! =)

meme said...

I am praying for the unexpected!
Linda

Lisa and Tate said...

You are very SMART to get your stuff done early! Better ready than not!