Thursday, August 27, 2009

Moving along

I had the week off from work but decided that since we would be traveling soon I didn't really need to take all that time off. I ended up working Monday and Tuesday and then took Wednesday off. It was nice to have yesterday off as I have a lot I need to do.
We were having some problems with some paperwork. I think I may have mentioned it before but we had to do an addendum to our home study as Emma will be 2o months when we get her. Our paperwork reflects that we requested a child 6-18 months (which she was at the time of referral) but China will want to see that we will take a child up to 24 months. I started on this the week we got our referral but have hit a couple of bumps in the road. Finally yesterday we found out the paperwork was being processed and we would have it by the beginning of next week! (Takes a little stress away!)
I also came home yesterday and our Visa's and travel paperwork had arrived! Things are starting to fall into place. I still have some things to get in order around the house and of course I need to start getting our stuff together for the trip. I did at least make 2 trips to Target, it's a start! The big challange starts in making sure we stay under the weight limit! We are allowed 2 suitcases under 44lbs., 1 carryon and 1 personal item each! I need to weigh the suitcases and see how much they weigh empty.
I had emailed a couple of bloggy friends about what they took on their trip and have gotten some great responses (thank you to everyone!) but if anyone wants to share any tips I would love to hear it. I would love to know if there is anything you couldn't live without, things you wish you would have taken or things you wish you would have left at home! You can leave me a message here or email me at Kramer651@cs.com

3 comments:

Jay and Kelly said...

We have a LID of 3.27.06 ... can't believe that we are finally next. Started making the purchases at Target on things that we'll need to take on the trip. Going to be tricky keeping it at 44 lbs a piece.

Ronnie and Becky said...

We traveled in January 2008 my best advise to you is to be sure your bag for the Emma zips...I carried all of our Hope's necessities in an open top bag that did not work well at all. Also when traveling with your baby if you each have a carry on and a heavy personal item it gets tough carrying those and your baby while trying to board a plane. Best wishes ... found you on Rumor Queen...

Becky

Shannon said...

You will be fine! I'm sure you have all the usual items and you can purchase ones that "will do" in China if necessary. =)