Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Two Month LID!!

TWO DOWN, HOW MANY TO GO???
Today marks the two month marker of being logged in (LID)! Each month seams like a huge milestone these days. I know that we have such a long way to go but I keep telling myself that we have to start somewhere and at least we can say we are two months closer to Emma. When we started the process in October we were looking at a six month wait from LID, now that has turned into at least a twelve month wait. My patience is really being tested!
Mike laughs at me because I am getting myself into any project that seems to make the time go faster. Of course I added this second blog page, joined two quilt swaps, postcard swap, two secret pal groups, multiple yahoo groups, now I am working on the nursery and my biggest task "Wednesday Weigh In" (which leads me to my next thought!
There are rumors that China is going to start rejecting people due to their weight! It happened to someone from the July DTC group and I have heard from a few bloggers that their agency's aren't denying this. The big question is how much is too much weight?? Are we talking 20, 50, or 100lbs. overweight and how are they deciding how much we should weigh? All I have to say is that nothing will keep us from our princess so I am really going to get serious about lossing some pounds. It may take some time but I have printed off a copy of a Chinese Princess and The Great Wall to motivate me. I can use all the help I can get. I am excited to see that their are many of my fellow DTCers that are joining in!
Well, hope everyone is enjoying the day off work and taking time to remember all of those that have gone before us.

1 comment:

Ava's family said...

Happy 2 month LID anniversary!
I'm not looking forward to Wednesday Weigh In...just to give you a heads up! =)