Thursday, September 07, 2006

Chicago Anyone?!

Here is my favorite shot of our weekend. Of course you won't see a picture of me in my bathing suit!! This was taken at a beach that sits right on Lake Michigan. The water was so beautiful and the temp. was awesome.
This was Mike the afternoon we spent at the lake. I always think it is so cool how you can be right down on the lake and have the "Big City" right behind you. For those not familiar with Chicago, the building in the middle with the big antenna's is the Hancock Building. The view is beautiful from up there.


I love this shot as it reminds me of one of my all time favorite movies. Anyone know?!! You got it, My Best Friends Wedding. It is a picture of the architectural tour boat going down the Chicago river. For anyone familiar with the movie this is the scene where they are having there heart to heart. I would recommend everyone to take this tour. Really cool!
Mike made me put a picture of me on here so I picked one that wasn't a close-up! You know me, I hate having my picture taken.
Okay Larry, don't get jealous! This was Saturday afternoon at the Cub's game. We had a great time and even saw Bonds hit one out (sorry Cubs fans, but know that the fan that caught the ball threw it back)

The weekend started early Friday morning when we flew out at 6:30am. Since we are an hour ahead we got Chicago the same time. We have gotten more with the city so we took the Orange line to the Palmer House and got checked in. We then headed down to the financial district. It wouldn't be a trip to Chicago if Mike didn't get his stock market fix. We did manage to take a break and eat breakfast at Qdoba, where else?! You thought they only served lunch and dinner. Well, you haven't tried their breakfast burrito, it's awesome. We had to walk off all of those calories so we headed down to the Magnigant Mile to do some shopping. I was in my seventh heaven! We spent all day going in and out of the shops and even managed to buy a few things. Since it was our first night we had to get our pizza fix. Just as good as I remembered it to be. Saturday we were up and at it early again. I decided on a light breakfast at the Corner Bakery and just ate oatmeal. We did manage to eat by the chunky little guy in the Capital One commercials. My luck, I see a celeb and it's the Capital One guy! I guess I need to head to Cal to see the hotties. We decided to catch a Cubs game and went out to Wrigley to get some tickets. We were able to get some cheap tickets since they aren't very good this year but all in all the game was fun and we saw Bonds hit a homer. Sat. evening we went for our celebration dinner at the Webber Grill and had a wonderful steak. We were celebrating our anniversary, my birthday and our 5 month LID! Once again we were stuffed and went out walking. I wish I had taken a pedometer to track how far we went. The Jazz Festival was going on so we went down to the park and listened to the tunes, checked out the art and made a wish at the Buckingham fountain. Moving on to Sunday. Breakfast at Panera Bread, a bagel and cream cheese and then on to Starbucks, lots more walking and shopping. I did manage to buy Emma a few summer outfits. Mike said she already needs more closet space. We had an early dinner at the Redfish, a cajun resturant. We both had the gumbo and jambalya. UK and UL were playing on ESPN so off to the ESPN Zone to watch the game (if you can call it that!) One of these days we'll get a good coach. I just hope it is sooner than later. I did forget to talk about the popcorn! We packed a whole duffle bag to bring back! Monday morning was back to reality as we flew back home. Well, did I give you enough of the details (you asked for it!)

It was back to work on Tuesday and Wednesday and needless to say I was nervous about Weigh In Wednesday after all the food we ate. I do have some good news. No gain (no loss either) but the good news is I was even for the week!!

So, what was everyone else doing while I was gone?!! Oh, one more thing! The mighty Cougars won again! Way to go Chase, sorry we missed the game but we will be there to see you on Friday night. Holy Cross beat DeSales (I think the score was 34-13!!

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

Sounds like an awesome trip!

1) Your post made me amazingly hungry!

2) C'mon gal...do some close ups. It's okay you don't have to wear a bikini.

3) I really wanna go shopping :0)

Leslie said...

WHAT GREAT DETAILS. I've never been to Chicago. If Larry and I go, we need to take you guys for tour guides. Maybe when the babies come home, we can take a family trip. Did you go by the American Girl Store?

Larry is still sleeping, but I will be sure to let him see your site. He will be sad, because he has never been to chicago to see his favorite team play. Thanks for the pictures, it looks beautiful. Glad you had a great time.

Aimee said...

What great pictures, looks like you're enjoying yourselves and the nice weather.

Ava's family said...

That boat trip down the river looks wonderful! Hey, you are lookin' pretty skinny there, Missy! =)

t~ said...

I've never had a desire to visit Chicago, but you just gave me the fever. Thanks for the post, awesome photos!