Friday, November 17, 2006

The paperwork is here

Well, it came today. I need to call AHSS to confirm what all I need to update but it appears that I have to do the following:
1. Sign all the agency forms
2. Update our aotobiographies
3. Have all 5 of our references send another letter stating they still support our adoption
4. Resubmit a guardianship form
5. Need another copy of our INS paper
6. New copies of all of our investment accounts
7. New statement from our physicians
8. Criminal background checks
Oh, and don't forget the $250 to do the updates and also a new home visit! I guess I better get started as we only have 25 days to get it done. No big deal except we have lots to do with the upcoming holidays.

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

Grrr! Such a silly bunch of paperchasing. Anything to charge a fee!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Kim. Amber will do everything she can to get it done very fast for you. She is so good.

Leslie

Ava's family said...

In Michigan we do not have to do ANYTHING until our I171H is going to expire. We then have to do a homestudy update with a letter from our doctor that we are in the same health as when the exam was done. As far as I know, there is nothing else. My I171H expires in July.