Sunday, April 01, 2007

A little celebration

Last night we went out with the family for a little celebration. We were celebrating 2 special things, Mike's birthday and our 1 year LID. Yes, they both feel on the same day. If I can go back for a minute, last year our dossier left for China on 2/24/06 (DTC) and I was really hoping that we would be logged in by mid March. Well, it didn't happen. It was in April when Katrina called to inform me that we were our LID was March 29th. At first I was a little disappointed, but then I realized that we were logged in on Mike's birthday. What day could be more special to me than that?! So anyway, we went to P.F. Chang's to celebrate the occassion. We had such a good time and even got the kids to try some of the food.

Here is a picture of the family (only missing 3)! Thanks to the whole family for coming out to celebrate with us. Hopefully we can do it again when little Miss Emma gets home. The waitress even brought us a pair of kids chopsticks to take home for Emma. If that wasn't enough, look what I found sitting on the table...

Yes, you got it! A ladybug sighting!! I loved it (thanks sis!) and yes it came just in time for the stork alert! Hopefully tomorrow we will be finding out how far the referrals got. Congrats to all you waiting parents who will be seeing their babies.

8 comments:

C's Mom said...

Happy 1 year...Happy Birthday to Mike :0)

I Love PF Changs...esp. that Great Wall of Chocolate (surprise).

4D said...

Double wishes!! Happy Birthday Mike and Happy 1 Year LID-iversary!

Keep smilin!

Lisa and Tate said...

Ladybug sighting!!!! Whew, finally!!! Sounds like a great time!!! I totally love PF Chang.... especially the lettuce wraps and orange peel beef.... Oh man, now I'm hungry!!!

Hugs
Lisa

Polar Bear said...

Happy Birthday Mike!

Congratulations on your one year LID-versary! That is really exciting.

I love the little ladybug!

Stephanie said...

Mmmm. We love love love PF Changs!!! Nice ladybug sighting!

TBG Happenings said...

Love PF Changs....never heard of anyone NOT loving PF Changs! Went there for my birthday too! (3/23)

Happy Lid....lets hope things pick up and we have our girls before the year is out!!

Maryellen

t~ said...

Woohooo! Happy 1 year to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 year LIDiversary, now you are on the downhill slide of the wait, more time behind us than ahead of us.....Your secret pal :-)