Thursday, September 04, 2008

Next! (well, not really)

I got on the computer this morning and read the posts on my site and for the first time I had that feeling that Emma is really coming. This is the post I read

Hey Kim,Glad to see that you guys are still out there. I keep a running list of my families that I loved and guess what?? You are next to get your baby. I just marked off my Feb. 9th family and you're next. I know it may not seem like much but I have marked off many before you and now you are finally at the top! On another note, 32 pounds, WOW!!! Clearly, you need to be my personal trainer! That is incredible. Good luck on the house hunt!Amber Able :)

Amber has been taking care of us for a very long time! When we decided to go to Ukraine we were assigned Amber by our home study agency. We were so nervous to meet her as she held part of the key to us adding a child to our family. When we met her she welcomed us in and made us feel so at ease with the whole process. We immediately felt so comfortable with her and enjoyed all of our visits with her. When things didn't work out with Ukraine and we decided to go to China we decided to stay with our same home study agency. We were so lucky to still have Amber with us along our journey. So, when I saw this post it meant a lot to us. Now I know we still have a long way to go until we get to March 29th but it was an incredible feeling to know that in someones book, WE ARE NEXT! Thanks Amber for that uplifting post! By the way, we know it is almost time to update our home study and we do plan on having a house by then , hopefully closer to you!

2 comments:

meme said...

Kim
We can all feel that IT is getting closer !! This is starting to get a little exciting. (See you tomorrow!)
Linda

Christie said...

Can you even believe it - after all this time?!?!

So excited for you!!