Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A small sign


First off, I missed posting about our 29th month LID! The big 29 was on the 29th. It's been awhile since I posted our anniversary (they happen so often). Anyway, on our 29th month anniversary we took a little road trip to Pikeville to watch Chase play football in the Pike Bowl. They lost their game but not to brag, Chase played great! Anyway, when we got to Pikeville we had a few "signs". First when we got to the hotel and checked in we got in the elevator and saw this...


A beautiful Chinese girl and I love the caption "can you hear me now?" DeeAnna and I immediately decided we had to have a picture of this! Next we got our room keys and the 2 keys we got were for room 8 and 11. Now everyone knows 8 is lucky in China and 11 has been that number that keeps coming up all through the adoption (could it be a sign?). Last but not least we went to eat and there sat a mom with her 2 Chinese daughters. What made that odd is that this is a town with NO diversity in the hills of Kentucky. It's just the little thing I needed to hold on to hope.
Now for the adoption. There are rumors going this weekend that the next batch of referrals are going from Feb. 1- Feb. 9, 2006. Now we do have to remember that the Chinese New Year went through the 5th so that is only 4 actual LID's but it still puts us 9 days closer to Emma. That puts us at 48 days until our LID, 14 of which are weekend days. That means 34 actual referral days. It still means we are a good distance away but still a step closer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful trip to PIKEVILLE! We really enjoyed it, and yes, Chase played great! It was our last PIKEBOWL, and the begining of our last HOLY CROSS SEASON! Its hard to believe after 8 years of Holy Cross this is our last official season! I could cry! It will be time to follow my dazzlers! I love the photo and I just wanted to tell you how much I love you!

Ava's family said...

We're getting closer!!!! Finally.

Lisa and Tate said...

We are getting so much closer! I think it was cosmic with all the Hmmmmmmm moments.... I think the planets have finally aligned and things are really looking wonderfully UP!!!

Hugs my Pal.

Lisa

amber able said...

Hey Kim,
Glad to see that you guys are still out there. I keep a running list of my families that I loved and guess what?? You are next to get your baby. I just marked off my Feb. 9th family and you're next. I know it may not seem like much but I have marked off many before you and now you are finally at the top! On another note, 32 pounds, WOW!!! Clearly, you need to be my personal trainer! That is incredible. Good luck on the house hunt!

Amber Able :)