Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A free moment

I know 2 post in one week! I guess you can tell when I have some time off work. Yes, I have a vacation week again. At the beginning of the year they make us feel out our vacations for the whole year. Now, who knows on Jan. 10th what they want to do for the whole year? It sure isn't me. The hardest part is that for the last 3 years I have been trying to adjust my vacations around going to get Emma. So at the beginning of every year I sit down and think when could I possibly be traveling to China? The best answer is who knows! For 3 years I have thought about it very carefully and even tried not to take so many days off in hopes of the extra time off when we come home. Well, this year I decided that I would just pick some weeks because who knows what the future holds. Now, I still believe that this will be our year (it better be) but I guess when the time comes nothing will keep me from adjusting my schedule to go get our sweet Em! I guess it's a plus to work for a company for a long as I accumulate lots of time off and the best part is that it transfers over to the next year.
Anyway, I am trying to finish a few projects at the house but I am not getting anywhere! I promise when we get things looking halfway like a house I will post pictures!
(I started this post 3 hours ago and got interupted)
The plumber came this morning to hook up the dishwasher and the sink. An hour into his work he discovers a missing piece on the sink so it was off to HD for me to get a new faucet. After 2 HD's and a Lowes I arrive back home with a different faucet only to find the plumber was done with the rest of his work and left. The original faucet that we bought showed you could use it with a 2 hole or a 4 hole hookup but the adapter for the 2 hole was missing. I checked 7 faucets at 2 HD's that had ALL been opened to discover the piece is not in any of them! I called the manufacture and the said that they could send me one, it doesn't come in the set even though it shows it does!! After I give her all the info to expedite one to me she discovers they are on backorder. So off to Lowes for a completely different one and the nice guy there even checked to make sure I had all the parts! So now I have a nice faucet but have to wait again to get it installed.

No comments: