Monday, August 24, 2009

Another step closer!


Airline Tickets have been booked!
We got a call from Mike at AHH today. He wanted to let us know that our Consulate date has been confirmed for Sept. 22, 2009! That means that we are leaving on September 10, 2009. I don't have our schedule yet but it looks like we will fly out on Thursday, arrive Friday, tour Beijing on Saturday, fly to Emma's region on Sunday and either get Emma on Sunday or Monday!
Mike and I both got the nervous stomach as we booked the tickets. It made everything seem official. I can't believe we will be in China in 2 1/2 weeks! Hang on Emma, Mommy and Daddy are coming.
I will post the official schedule when we receive it!




6 comments:

Meagan said...

That one sentence - "Hang on Emma Mommy and Daddy are coming" brought me to tears all over again. I think I am as excited as you are!!! I can't wait til you have her home and everyone can let her know that she is the most loved baby in the entire world!

meme said...

It won't be long now! I know you guys are counting the days. Let's go to China !!
Linda

Debbie said...

You are leaving on a GREAT day, it's my birthday!!! Enjoy the journey!!! It is absoutely breath taking!!!

Tommi said...

How exciting! I wish so much I could go with you! I'd give anything in the world to be there! You better take lots of pictures! I could just cry thinking that this is finally going to happen! I love you!

Unknown said...

This has been such an exciting journey with lots of ups & downs. Now the ups just keep on coming!!!! How thrilled you & Mike must be right now!!!! Can't wait to see photos of Emma and her parents taken at HER home and HER bedroom!!!!! Have a safe travel and go get your daughter!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hate the thought of you traveling around the world with out ME!! I wish I could be there by your side just like you have always been there for me. Know that I will be glued to the computer and Phone for two weeks straight waiting to hear your voice and share in your joy!!! DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!! Love you guys so much!
Aunt Dee Dee