Friday, August 21, 2009

Another big surprise!


OUR TA HAS ARRIVED!
Once again we were caught off guard! Yesterday afternoon right before I left the house I checked the rumors to see if anything was going on. Of course another quiet day! I was so hoping referrals were going to arrive so we could find out all about sweet Hannah. Since there was nothing happening I went to eat lunch with Mike. While eating we of course talked about Emma, our TA, the rumors of referrals and how it looked like it was only getting to 3/24/09. I was so sad for all
of the families waiting as we too would still be waiting! Anyway, Mike said it looks like since nothing is going on that there is no hope of traveling before November. Now, we were told that would be when we would travel but we always hoped and prayed that it would come earlier. Now with it being August 20th, it looks like there is not a chance of going before. We finished lunch and I left for home. DeeAnna had called to talk to me about the shower they were planning for us on Sept. 26. While on the phone a call came in. When I looked to see who it was I saw the Lexington number! DeeAnna of course said "Go, take the call!" On the other line was Mike, our travel coordinator. He laughed at me at how I answered the phone and said he could tell I was on the road (think it may have been the radio was a little loud. Oh, I know, I shouldn't be riding around talking on the cell!) He asked me if I wanted the good news or the great news! I told him which ever he would like to tell me. With that, he told me that our TA (travel approval) had arrived. I couldn't believe it as there hadn't been any talk of it on RQ. I was so excited! Now, he said, would you like the great news! I told him that I thought he had already told me the great news! (Laughing again, he told me), It seems that China has changed their holiday schedule so we are anticipating that you will leave for China on September 10, 2009 and arrive home on September 24, 2009.
How could this happen twice? I was caught off guard again! After all this time of waiting I am so unprepared! Now, I have been getting a few things done but no need to move so fast, I had (HAD being the key word) 3 months to get ready. My 3 months just turned into 3 weeks! (guess I shouldn't complain as Pug Mama only had about 48 hours to get ready!)
Now the countdown is on! We will know by next Wednesday the official dates of travel. If all goes as planned we leave to get in Emma in exactly 20 days!

11 comments:

Tommi said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We Love You Guys!!!!! Can't wait for you to hold your baby girl; heck, I can't wait to hold your baby girl!

Meagan said...

Looooovvvvvee IT!!! God knows you have waited to long so he's rearranging things for you guys! I get goose bumps just reading it. (They're the happy kind of goose bumps). Yay for mommy, daddy and Emma!

Becky said...

Congrats Kim!! If you have Sissi as a guide in Nanchang you will be in excellent hands!

meme said...

As I said in my post of August 7, I will pray for the unexpected. Well I guess it might have worked. Now you have to get ready.... FAST Yeah !!! We are all so excited. Let's go to China and get Emma. Can't wait to see all of you united as one. Love you Linda

The Jernigans said...

I just said "Praise the Lord" out loud when I read this!! Awesome news - only 20 days! I am so excited for you guys.

Allie said...

YAY! I am SO happy for you guys! Congratulations! I can't wait to follow along on your blog when you travel to meet sweet Emma!

Allie :)

Lisa and Tate said...

SCREAM!!!! I knew NOVEMBER was tooooo long to have to wait.... Emma, momma and baba are coming soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Who HOOOOOOO!!!! That what Im saying!!! Emma needs her mommy and daddy!!! What a lucky little girl to have such wonderful parents!!! I cant believe this is finally happening!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE sending your way
Aunt Dee Dee

Chrissie said...

Holy cow, Kim - this has been quite the journey. This blog is like a mini-soap opera ;-)

Hopefully you don't have too many more surprises, particularly while in China.

GREAT NEWS!

Anonymous said...

Kim-I am so happy for you and Mike. I know the two of you have waited so long for this! I know you will be wonderful parents to this beautiful little girl. I hope she will know how much you love and want her. I am sitting here reading your posts crying like a baby! Congratulations Mommy! Fidelia

t~ said...

YEAH!!!! Get packing!