Friday, February 09, 2007

A Great Cause!

This week our local radio station WAMZ is running their annual Partners in Hope radiothon. I have been listening to the stories from families that have all had children at St. Jude. Talk about something that will make you cry. Every year we make a donation to St. Jude and so today I called and made our pledge. This morning I was listening as I drove into town when I heard the story about a little boy Aiden who has a brain tumor. As I listened to the story I realized I knew this family. No, they aren't long time family friends, it was a family that I met only once but has been in my prayers. It was wonderful to hear that sweet little Aiden is still alive and doing really good. This past Nov., the day after Thanksgiving I went out to stand in line at the Best Buy at 3am. Anyway, the lady behind me was Aiden's mother. She was in line trying to get a computer to put in Aiden's room at St Jude so that she could stay in contact with family and friends. I was so touched by her story and so sad for everything she had to go through. She was so brave. I think about the family often and have been so sad that I didn't know how her precious little boy was doing. Today I made my pledge in his name. If anyone out there would like to make a difference in these children's life, please donate! Who knows, a day might come when any of us need their help.



Skin (Sarabeth)
By Rascal Flatts
BestAudioCodes.com

2 comments:

Pug Mama said...

we donate to them every year, you're right, you never know what the next day may bring.

Anonymous said...

Your right Kimmy, St Jude is a wonderful organization! I cry too driving down the road listening to the stories of all the beautiful children. My heart goes out to each of them and their families.