Saturday, April 14, 2007


Sorry I have been MIA but last weeks news really had me down. When I started hearing the rumors that they were only referring 2 days I thought NO WAY, something must be wrong. Well, as we know, it happened. I felt really numb. For the first time I thought that this adoption really wasn't going to happen. I decided that I needed to take a few days to regroup. I stayed away from the posts, RQ, and I even shut the door to Emma's room so I didn't have to look at it. You know what, it really did help. I needed the break to get my life back in order. I had become way to consumed with the wait. I have to say that I have a new attitude! There are so many things that I should be doing and places I should be going. We have put our life's on hold for way to long. Yes, we are still anxiously awaiting the time when we get to see Emma's face for the first time, the first time we hold her and our life with her but we have to remember it will happen just not as fast as we would like. You would think that by now I would have more patience after all these years of waiting. So, I have had time to take a break and now I am ready to enjoy the rest of our time while we wait on Emma. I know she will be worth every minute!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim:
I am sorry you took it so hard! Try to focus on Emma, the reason you are waiting in this LONG line. I am mailing your secret pal gift today, I really hope it cheers you up! Emma needs you, keep going one foot in front of the other! Love, Your secret pal! Wait until you are covered from head to toe in baby yuck, you'll forget this wait!

Dawn and Dale said...

I hear ya!!!

That's me today too!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better now!!

Blessings,

Dawn

C's Mom said...

The wait stinks!

I think you are handling it very well based on your post. Don't underestimate your patience.

Pug Mama said...

I have been at peace with wait for a few months now. I can honestly say the two day thing didn't even push me back over the edge.
It is what it is. We can't change it.
sending you hugs!

Ava's family said...

I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. The 2 day thing stinks, but what can we do?....Nothin. I just can't get all worked up over this stuff anymore. We WILL get there someday!

Catherine said...

The wait is sooo hard! We hear you and are right here beside you.

Colleen said...

Sweetie...BEEN THERE!! So sorry - I know how you are feeling. One day closer...thats all I can say.

hugs!

Anonymous said...

I knew you were taking it really hard! I could hear it in your voice. I hate that it only went two days! Hopefully things will speed up! We all feel your pain! We can't wait to hug and love on little Emma too! Hope you know how much we all love you and Mike! Keeping you in our prayers each night! Love, Aunt Tommi

Stephanie said...

I'm right there with you! What else can I say. I know..... Hang in there.

Lisa and Tate said...

I just wish you could have forgotten about the wait with me in Disneyland!! I had hoped you would have joined up and missed you! There is nothing like spending time with others in the same boat.... the waiting boat!! Time is inching closer every day!

Hugs
Lisa

4D said...

Happy to hear from you!

It is the hardest thing I have had to do. Sometimes, one need a break and a step back. You are not alone in this waiting game.

Keep smilin!

Kim said...

Waiting is hard and takes a lot of energy. We all need to take breaks to re-group:)

t~ said...

Great new outlook! Sometimes we just need to take time to readjust our thinking. Glad your feeling better.

SARA said...

This wait is sooooooo hard. I am sorry you are feeling down. Keep smiling. We will get through this.

P.S. I nominated you for the thinking blogger award. Check out my site.