Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'M BACK!

Yikes! It has really been a tough month here and when I finally sat down to post tonight I realized that I hadn't posted since April 14th. So many things have been going on in my life right now that not only could I not find the time to post but I also couldn't find the words. So many of the people I love have lost such special and wonderful people in their lives over the last few weeks. I can't quite find the words to write about it yet but if you could keep some very special people in your prayers I would greatly appreciate it.

As I sit here I can think of so many things I would like to talk about and share with you, my bloggy family and friends. The past month has been filled with sorrow and stress but there has been a little joy along the way. We did celebrate 3 special birthdays: Charlee (April 14th), Corbyn (April 27th) and the birth of our newest nephew, Logan Michael, on May 2nd (congrats to Shelley and Mike). We survived another LID Anniversary, the big 13! Things were so crazy that the day came and went (I did remember it but it didn't make me sad this time).

I wanted to share this picture of Mike and I with 7 of our nieces and nephews (taken on Easter). It made me smile thinking about how each one has touched our lives in so many ways.

Now, I owe a huge apology to my incredible secret pal. In the mist of everything going on at our house Mike and I came home late one night to a HUGE box on the porch. It couldn't have come at a better time as we both needed a lift and boy did we get one. Check out ALL of these gifts that were packed in the box! We got a wonderful collection of books (which I can't wait to read when we finally get to sit down), a photo book, plush panda book, the cutest teddy, Asian note pad (so cute!), such cute clothes (a bath wrap, sweater, and sleeper), the sweetest sand dollar with Emma's name on (made me cry!), and the cutest travel playset. All I can say is WOW! Secret Pal, you went way overboard! I have to say Mike and I sat in the middle of the floor and just cried thinking about what wonderful and special people would think so much about us to send Emma these amazing gifts that we will all treasure for many years to come. I am just so sorry that it took me so long to post about these wonderful gifts. They all meant the world to us!
I tried to take a closer picture of the gifts, can you believe all of this is for Emma?!!
Here is the sand dollar our pal sent for Emma. I already bought a little stand and put it in Emma's room. I just cried when I saw Emma's name on it! Thank you so much for all of your thoughtfulness! I can't wait until the day I find out who you are so I can really thank you!
Hopefully things will start to get back to normal. I have missed blogging and have really missed out on what is going on in all of your lives. I could use a whole week to catch up! I also wanted to send out a congrats to everyone who got their referrals this month. Oh, for those of you who aren't from the adoption world, referrals went from Oct 25-Nov 1! (A baby step closer to Emma!)

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

You have such a sweet secret pal. Wow. I'm sure Emma will adore all of her treasures!!! :)

...and thank you so much for what you said on my blog. :) I will let you know if I have any questions after my Mom gets her official diagnosis next Tuesday. Thank you so much for your prayers.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy the sand dollar got there in one piece! I couldn't resist it when I saw it, it was in a little shop here and I had to have it :-) I am enjoying buying things for sweet little Emma! Your secret pal....from???????

Ava's family said...

I'm so glad to see you back! I've been wondering how you were doing. It sounds like you have a lot going on. I'll send some good thoughts your way.

What wonderful gifts from your secret pal!!

Pug Mama said...

I have been thinking about you - I am sorry for all you have been through. Hope things get a little better.

4D said...

Great to hear from you! You WERE really busy. Wonderful times and great pressies.

Keep smilin!

C's Mom said...

Good to see you back and hoping all is well.

Chrissie said...

What sweet gifts from your secret pal. I miss sending you gifts, but I'm glad to see you continue to have another awesome Secret Pal!

Good to see you're back and hope things get better for you very soon.

Lisa and Tate said...

SCREAM!!!! You are back!!!! Welcome back, my friend. Now that I am over the excitement of seeing this, I will read what you have written then comment on it.

Lisa

Lisa and Tate said...

O.K..... I read now I can comment.

Sorry it was just crazy around your place.... loosing loved ones and all. When you are ready (if upi want) share what has been happening.

Wow... what great gifts from you (NEW) Secret Pal!!! I will say the same thing that people always said to me when I received your gifts.. "You have got such an amazingly fun and generous S.P.)

Hugs
Lisa

Anonymous said...

There should be another SP box there soon....!