Monday, May 28, 2007

Where does the time go?

Where has the time gone? It seems like for months I sat in front of this computer just watching days go by waiting for Emma. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still anxiously waiting for our Emma, but things around here have really been busy. I haven't had much time to even check out my favorite blogs and I haven't read RQ in a month! It really has been good for me. While I miss each of you I feel refreshed and exhausted at the same time.

The week before last Mike and I took a few days off and headed to Gatlinburg. We had such a great time relaxing in our cabin, checking out the moutains and doing a lot of hiking. It was a much needed rest. The picture below is a view from our chalet. It was so peaceful up there and I sure enjoyed the time with Mike.

I took this picture while Mike and I were on a hike. The weather was beautiful so we decided to stop and play in the Little Pigeon River.
We got home on Monday night and then on Wednesday morning I flew up to Conn. for work. Terri and I had to do a special training course at US Surgical. We got in early Wed. so we took the train up to New York to do some shopping. This was my first time in New York so I really enjoyed the sites. The picture below is from Time Square. We had a great time in the city and then it was off to training for Thursday and Friday. It was a interesting trip and I really enjoyed meeting such wonderful people from all over. We were suppose to fly in Friday night but our flight out of Conn was delayed which caused us to miss our connecting flight in Pittsburg so we had to spend the night there and fly out early Sat morning to Atlanta and then finally home to Louisville. By the time we got home I was exhausted and of course the airline lost our luggage. They found it in North Carolina?! The delivery man decided to bring it to us at 1:30AM!

So here it is Monday night and it is back to work tomorrow (yuck!). I am yet to have gotten to check up on everyone. When I got home on Saturday I had 3 packages waiting from my book pals and my secret pal. Tomorrow night I will show you all the wonderful things that I got. For tonight I am off to snuggle up with my wonderful husband! Talk to you tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Looks like a GREAT get-a-way! We just love Gatlinburg, we were married there. :)

LOVE the pictures!

C's Mom said...

Glad to know you are enjoying your time away!

Stephanie said...

That looks like so much fun! I love going to the mountains!!!

4D said...

Great to hear from you! Enjoy your break and special time with your hubs.

Keep smilin!

Christie said...

Just wanted to reach out and send a little bloggy hug ~ we share the same LID and I have found so few that do! Doris is only a day behind, so she and I send a little blog love each month for our LIDivesary.

Anyway, maybe we'll meet in China...any day now, right? Whew...this is harder than I thought!

Hugs,
Christie