Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Back to the grind!


Well, vacation has come and gone. Boy am I sad to be back at work. I had a whole 12 days off and I enjoyed every moment of it. I even stayed away from the blogs for the most part which I am sure was needed. I do have to say that we snuck off one morning after our walk on the beach to check out all of the beautiful babies that were referred. Of course they were as cute as ever! We had a wonderful time at the beach and after being around my sister and all of the kids for a week our house sure is quiet. It made me even that much more anxious for Emma to be running around the house making some noise (I am sure I will eat those words one day!) I was also excited to hear that my friend Leslie got her date to go get her sweet little Lily. She leaves the first week of August. I can't wait to follow her journey. I know I have a lot to update I just need to find a little time. Hope everyone is doing good.
Oh! For those of you not in the adoption world referrals came out while we were on vacation and the dates were from Nov. 8th- Nov. 14th. Not great but it could have been worse. We just keep hoping for some kind of speed up. At this point I feel like the earliest we will get Emma's picture will be in March but most likely next summer.

4 comments:

JMCS said...

I am so glad to har that you guys had a great vacation. I'm with you - it is depressing to have to go back to work after vacation.

Yay for Leslie. I can't wait until they get Lily. Thanks for mentioning the referrals too, I have been off the computer for a few days.

Hugs,
Jonni

JMCS said...

Sorry for the typo - I meant hear not har.

Jonni

Kathryn said...

Hi my name is Kathryn and we are LID for our own Emma also. Our LID is 4/25/06. I like your blog! Don't you wish vactions lasted 6 months!!!
Sincerely,
Kathryn

Becky said...

We just returned from the beach too. I so wished it lasted longer than a week.

Becky - An AHH mom of 2 girls from China and a close neighbor in KY (Mt. W.)