Thursday, November 06, 2008

What a week!

Last Saturday Mike and I took a little day trip up to French Lick. We had such a good time walking around the grounds at West Ba@din. Here are just a few shots I took.






I was so glad that Saturday was such a nice day because the rest of the week has been stress, stress, stress! I have been dreading this for months and the time has come. I had talked to our home study agency a month or so ago and they said we would start our update the end of the year. It's always a hassle to do but all in all it's not that bad. I have been stressing over it because of our housing situation. Someone please tell me how hard it is to find a house! All I hear is you guys are in the best situation but then how is it that we haven't found anything? Well, this is it. We got the word that we should be doing our home study now so that nothing expires. With the changes with the I-800 we were told by no means to let anything expire. While I understand that it easier said than done. In order for us to do a home study we must have a home. We were told that it was okay for us to be at my parents but it also means that they must have police checks, fingerprints, physicals, letters of recommendation and the list goes on. I would never in a million years subject my parents to all of this. So this has become the week to find that house. We have found an option on the house but it needs work. Today we made an offer and now we are waiting for a response. I am not very confident that they will take the offer but we have to start some place. I just hope we are in the ballpark. If not, please let something else come up for sale this week.
Yesterday referrals started arriving and while I am so excited for those getting their pictures (Donna and Steph) I am sitting here once again saying 2 days, only 2 days. How can that be. A few are still saying that it went to the 20th but I don't see that anywhere, so it looks like Feb. 17th will be the cutoff. That brings us to 40 days. Not much progress. I was so hoping for at least 5 days so that we could still hope for 9 months but after today I just hope we make it under the year mark.
The last of the stress was the election. I don't like talking politics. I definately have my views as I know each of you do. No, I didn't vote for Obama and my views are very different from his. I do wish him luck and hope that his term is successful. Enough said.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

great pics. glad you had fun.trips like that should be mandatory

Ava's family said...

First off....You and your hubby are looking GREAT! I soooo need to get back on weight watchers....


Second, you can't find a house? My gosh, everything is for sale around here and not selling. I would be offering LOOOOOOWWWW! The deals are AMAZING....AND you can get so much more house for the money. I'm totally jealous. Totally.

Lisa and Tate said...

Oh Kim ... you look MARVOLOUS you skinny hottie you!

I have found along the long way to adoption there are too many potholes in the road.... losing my job and breaking elbows and rotator cuffs is it for me... For you I am guessing one of the potholes is the house. I sound like a broken record but things will work out.... the house will be found and soon the long wait will be a distant memory.

I really think referrals went thru the 20th. I saw a blog yesterday that had a Feb 20 LID and received a referral... when I see find it I will let you know.

Hugs Lisa
Licks Mesa

Lisa and Tate said...

Kim this is the Feb 20 lid BLOG that got the referral

http://ourjourneytoemma.blogspot.com/

Lisa

Pug Mama said...

HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO IS THAT INCREDIBLY SKINNY CHICK IN THAT PICTURE????!!!!!
OMG!!! You both look soooooooooooo good!!!!