Friday, January 23, 2009

My Head is Spinning!

I always think that I will have time to post but then I get more interested in seeing what is going on with everyone else out in bloggy land that I can't find the time to update on what I am doing. So since it't been a few weeks I guess I will use the the bullets again!
  • Tommi, DeeAnna and I took Mom to Nashville to the Grand Ol* Opry and had such a good time. We left early on Saturday (the 10th) and headed south. We went to breakfast, did a little shopping, ate a wonderful meal at Demos and then went to the show which was at the Ryman (the old opry house). We had such a good time, all of the show was wonderful and we saw Blake Shelton and Lorretta Lynn. Dick Vitale was even there sitting in front of us. We enjoyed the country bars and had a nice sleep over before coming home on Sunday. Happy Birthday Mom, hope you enjoyed our weekend as much as us girls did!
  • The 11th was a special birthday! Happy Birthday Stevie!
  • The 15th was a stressful day! I went over to work on the house and peeled wallpaper off the wall in the foyer all day. How long does it take to take wallpaper off! To be exact it took 5 days to finish the foyer. It was the worst paper I have ever seen. I thought the other rooms were tough but this was amazing. It came off in dime size pieces first the top and then the back layer (believe me I tried everything anyone suggested to get it off). Anyway by 5:00 I had had it, my back hurt and I had only completed half a wall. I started cleaning up and noticed my Anniversary band was missing. I spent the next 3 hours looking with no luck. I should have known to take it off (since I have lost weight it very big on me). I gave up and decided to head home when the garage door quit working (another hour of trying to fix it with on luck). I went back to Mom and Dad's hoping the day would finally end when everything turned around! The mail was sitting on the table (I almost didn't look at it but then I saw IT! Homeland Sec*rity! My approval arrived. All at once, I forgot that the day had been bad. Everything that had happened was no big deal because now it made us one step closer to what really matters, Emma! BTW, I did find my ring the next day at the bottom of a garbage bag of insulation and wet wallpaper! Thanks St. Anthony!
  • The 17th brought another very special birthday. Courtney turned 17 today! Happy Birthday Court! I can't believe you are 17! How has this happened?
  • Yes, the 18th was another birthday! Happy birthday Steve!
  • As most of you know rumors started and boy did they sound good. R*mor Queen reported that she was hearing from multiple places of a major speed up that would include most of March. Now I have to be honest and say my heart did skip a few beats but I didn't want to get on the roller coaster this month. I thought okay if she is saying big and most of the month (it will never happen) I put great hope in getting to March 8th! Now this is great as I have bloggy friends on the 7th and 8th! I didn't want to get anymore excited than that. But then it happened, what happens every month, our hopes and dreams were stepped on once more. The rumors turned grim and the verdict became March 2, 2006. How could this happen? Before the rumors started I thought for sure the 3rd would be in and if we were lucky maybe the 6th but with the great news I thought the 8th! MARCH 2, 2006, how could they do this.
  • I do want to send congrats to all those logged in on the 1st and 2nd!
  • As for us this paints a grimmer picture than I had thought. I had thought if we did 3 day batches we would get a referral in 10 months and if we could do 4 days it would be 8 months and at 5 days it would be 6 months! Never did I count on 2 days or maybe even 1 (which could happen next time with the 3rd).
  • Come on CC*A, make those rumors true and send us a really big batch next time!
  • As for this weekend we will be really busy. Today I am going to paint our bedroom, the drywall in the kitchen is getting finished, we have to pick up our new couch, washer and dryer and pull up carpet at my parents. Tomorrow their new carpet is getting put down, more work at the house and on Sunday we have another birthday to celebrate. Happy early birthday Mike W.

3 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Yippee for your renewal!!! Finding your ring, getting the hallway wallpaper free, everyone's birthdays, fun at the Grand Ole Opry and chick trip....


Waaaaaaaaa to a short two day batch. Totally broadsided me with this one.

Looks like the YIPPEEs out number the WAAAAAAAAAAs.

Huge hugs my dear secret pal!!!

Ava's family said...

I'm so glad you received your approval and found your ring!

I can't believe I even thought for a second that we were going to get a big batch this month. I would have been so happy with the 6th...Two days....Ugh! Oh well, what can you do? We continue to wait..........

Gillmores on the Go said...

I love to see your updates- jam packed and full of life. You are so busy on your new home (congrats on that, by the way). I love remodeling and updating. It is a ton of fun to see the transformation.
I keep praying for you and the days to fly by and for "BIG" batches of referrals. She will be here soon.
Just wanted to share that we are adopting again. This time from Ethiopia. We started the paperwork this month and should have all the dossier stuff complete by March 1. I think I forgot how much work it is. WOW!
Enjoy your new home. Take care!