Friday, March 13, 2009

So it's been awhile, a long while!

Since it has been so long, I will get straight to the bullets!
  • Right after the last time I posted (way back in January) we had the incredible ice storm. If you know anything about Kentucky, you know that we don't know how to handle the snow. My parents lost power for 9 days so we stayed at the new house (there is no furniture in there but we did have a matress to sleep on, heat and a hot shower)
  • Work on the house has been VERY slow so I am crossing my fingers we will be in by the end of March. We are making progress thought. The floors are done, cabinets are in (- the trim) and the countertops have been ordered. We have painted, and painted and painted and we are finally moving some furniture in to the places that are complete. Of all the rooms it looks like Miss Emma's room will be complete first. I promise to post some picture soon.
  • Work has been crazy. The economy sure hasn't hurt the fact that lots of people need surgery!
  • Last month the referrals went from March 3- March 6! Only 23 very long days away but come the end of the month I will see her! With the 7th being a huge day I am thinking we will only do one day this month but I am crossing my fingers that the 8th will also be in as there are many bloggy friends with these days!
  • On March 29th we get to celebrate another year of waiting, bring us up to our 3 year wait and also celebrating Mike being another year older!
  • I am getting tired of seeing all the girls at work having multiple babies while I still wait for one (no offense, I love all the little ones but it's not easy to see everyone finishing round 2 while I still wait for #2). I hear alot that maybe by the time we get Emma the new one will be their age since the last ones are now 2 or older!
  • It's so exciting to see all these little ones who's blogs I have been following starting to come home. I have loved following each of their journey's!
  • Oh, big one! Last night we finally got cable and wireless hooked up at the house so now I have no excuse not to blog! I am blogging from my new family room now!!
  • I love March Madness but since my wildcats are going to the big dance I am just not as interested but for Mike I will cheer on the Cards and hope they get a #1 seed!
  • I am on vacation this next week, well sorta. I'll probably work a little just when my docs are there.
  • I had a dream that the next batch of referrals arrived early and they went from March 7-27th! Hey, like I said it was a dream!
  • The next few months are going to continue to be busy: Courtney gets her junior ring and ring dance, Stevie makes her First Communion, Charlee, Katie, Corbyn, Mike, and Tommi have birthdays, Chase graduates from high school, lots of work still to be done on the house and I still have family credit hours to do for the adoption.
  • You would think that in having 3 years to save for this adoption we would have everything paid for. Somehow things always seem to come up. Last month Mike's truck blew up so a new vehicle for him, of course the house always cost more then you think and did I mention all the extra we have spent on updating and redoing paperwork during the wait. It looks like overtime is in my future.

I guess that's a little update on what I have been up too. Hopefully things will slow down a little once we get moved in . I will try to put some new pictures of the house on so you can see the progress. Hope to talk to you all soon.

3 comments:

meme said...

Kim and Mike
I am SO GLAD to see you back !! It sounds like you have been very busy. That is good. Time passes faster and your time is slowly coming to an end. Emma will be here before you know it. Can't wait to see some pictures of you house. Love to all you guys.
Linda Smith

Lisa and Tate said...

Okay.. now that you have cable and wireless, it has to be a promise you will be blogging.

Can't wait to see some pictures of all you hard house work.....

She will be YOUR Tate as well as mine. You are so cute to be so excited for us....

Tomorrows shower will be a love hate thing... LOVE the party.... HATE all the attention on ME and gifts... kind of shy about that too.

Soon we will be stalking your blog to see MS Emma. Get working that overtime!

Ava's family said...

Yes, I want to see pictures! My favorite channel is HGTV....Come on, make me happy!