Thursday, March 19, 2009

Not sure what to say

I had vacation time planned this week but I certainly didn't expect to spend it the way I have. Words can't begin to explain the sadness that I have felt this week. I have trouble sharing my feelings so here I am with a loss of words. Last May Mike's cousin Jeff was diagnosed with cancer. He had went to the doctor thinking he the flu and they found cancer. I hate that word, I deal with it everyday at work and I can't tell you how much it affects my life. At the time Jeff went through treatments, they said he would never make it, but he beat the odds and in August just after our family reunion found out he was in remission. A second chance to spend more time with his boys and his family but by November the cancer was back. On Sunday Jeff lost the battle against cancer at the young age of 40. I know he is now at peace and away from this horrible pain but my heart goes out to each one of his family members, his sweet boys and each friend that has been touched by Jeff.
Yesterday just after we had got home from the funeral my Mom got a call from my uncle Jimmy that my cousin Cathy had passed away. Last week she had been in the hospital with a blood clot but had since went home. She had recently adopted a sweet little boy and yesterday and loaded him in the stroller to take a walk. We don't know what happened but her neighbor found her out along her walk. Once again my heart is broken. She is a wonderful person who touches everyones heart she meets. My heart breaks for her parents, brothers, sister, her husband and her beautiful little one that will never fully know just how lucky he was to have such a wonderful mom.

2 comments:

Ava's family said...

I'm so sorry, Kim. I'm at a loss as for what to say too. It's just so sad. Keeping you and Mike and your family in my thoughts and prayers. ((Hugs))

Lisa and Tate said...

Oh Kim... I am so sorry, don't know what to say other than that. SO young. Y'all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

HUGE HUGS!