Thursday, July 16, 2009

Busy as usual

Once again I am slacking on the blog. I am just finding way to much to do these days and haven't been finding the time or energy to post. The last few weeks have been crazy. We took a trip to Florida with my entire side of the family the week before the 4th of July. We had an incredible time just being together. I am just praying this is the last family trip without Emma. I keep thinking each year she will be here for the next but here we are still waiting. The trip was so needed! Work had been crazy and the time away really did me good. Of course it is always bitter sweet when we come home and our house is so quiet. We love all the activity of having 7 nieces and nephews running around.
I came back to some changes at work as one of our major insurance companies and our hospital couldn't come to an agreement on their contract so for now those patients with that insurance are unable to come to our hospital. It made our case load much lighter meaning a lot of budget time for the staff. With the China trip almost in sight this is not what I wanted to hear but thankfully the doctors I work with have stayed busy so it hasn't hurt me yet. I guess with the economy the way it is I should remember to be thankful for my job!
I have promised for some time to post pictures of our remodel on the house but I was trying to wait for it to be completed. We are getting close but have been waiting for some time now to get projects done. Hopefully I will have some to show you soon.
As for the adoption (I know this is the only thing you are interested in). We are still waiting for the July referrals. In June they came out on the 19th so hopefully we will start hearing some rumors this week. Last month got to March 20th, but then right before we left for Florida a Canadian agency received a batch for March 21-23!? No one is sure why they got them but that means a few more people in front of me got their forever daughters (and sons). The exciting part about that is that I really felt like this month would only get March 21 and 22 as the days are good size but with the news of that extra batch I am hoping that means that when referrals do come that the 23rd will be included. (I always want them to do more but I try to stay realistic) If this happens it puts us 6 days away from our LID with 2 of those days being the weekend, so 4 referral days. If this happens I really think we will have our referral in September (best case August, worse case November). So for me the next week will consist of visiting the Rumor Queen many times a day. I will keep you posted!
Oh, one last thing! I got an email from my friend Cyndee last night and she received wonderful news! (Let me back up!) I met Cyndee when we decided to go to Ukraine. We went to the initial meeting together, our paperwork went off to Ukraine at the same time and when we got word of our appt date we had the same date! The only thing was Cyndee and Dan decided that Ukraine was not the right route for them and decided to pull their file and pursue a China adoption. They then started all the paperwork over and in 2005 they brought home their beautiful daughter from China. Cyndee is the one who continued to encourage us to look into China adoption and was so supportive to us with everything we went through. (ok, I am rambling) Anyway, earlier this year she sent me an email to let me know that they had decided to adopt again, from Ethiopia and that they were looking at a sibling group of 4! Once again on the paperwork trail and waiting for news. Yesterday I received an email from her and everything has been approved (Thank God!) and Cyndee and Dan are now adding 3 girls and one boy to her family. Congratulations Cyndee and Dan!

1 comment:

Lisa and Tate said...

I am checking RQ also... fingers crossed they get to your LID this month!!! SOSOSOSOSOSO exciting times are ahead!